Auspicious Adventures

In my world the ideas of going through school and life one step at a time occur every day. Life also entitles others to handle different situations at random. Through my experiences, my adventures describe the different ordeals that occur

Sunday, December 24, 2006

The Day Before Christmas

The Day Before Christmas

When sunrise arrives I stretch with glee,
Knowing that today is Christmas Eve.
While holding on ‘til the real day arrives,
Shoppers rush everywhere and hunt for their prize.
As many bump, and trip over unwrapped gifts,
Others are frantic believing some relative is missed.

Lunchtime leaves with a quick departure,
And carolers are scrambling with some song structure.
The timer clicks with lights soon abundant,
People drive to Mass with a joy that is pungent.
The candles are lit, young children are waiting,
The one who they worship is flying stating,
Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight!
Young ones pray he has a good flight.

The night is calm with fog amidst,
Cookies and milk are offered as gifts.
The Christmas tree shines with a glow of surprise,
As his friend, the fire, crackles dwindling in size.
Frost clings onto the window with a soft sheen,
The night provides shelter for elements unseen.
I lay my tired body down in my bed,
Not with gumdrops swirling in my head.
The Christmas spirit fills me up with joy,
As I wonder how the baby felt when he received his first toys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home