Auspicious Adventures

In my world the ideas of going through school and life one step at a time occur every day. Life also entitles others to handle different situations at random. Through my experiences, my adventures describe the different ordeals that occur

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A Farewell to a Sort of (not really) Friend

Well after finally not posting for the longest time I am now able to once again. This post is dedicated to my old computer that I have had for two years now and I wave a fond farewell as it is going to meet its end elsewhere. Over the past few years my Windows ME has given me plenty of grief. Usually scenarios are common like this:

Me: Yes! I am almost done with my story that I'm writing! Yes, almost there and... what? *computer freezes on me and I cannot type another word*
Me: WAIT NO NOT NOW?! *Computer blows up and gives me the Blue screen of death* The Blue screen of death is an error message that appears when apparently the system is not responding, or your computer is just bad. The line usually says, "Unit system not responding please press a key to continue." *I press the spacebar and the image goes black. Two seconds later the image returns again*

I have then learned the meaning of saving and that I have to be prepared for anything at anytime. Not only did I get error messages constantly on my computer, but in order to turn on my computer I had to flip the manual switch about three times. I had come up with the reason that the computer gods were mad at me and I had to do their rituals in order to make the computer function.

When I first received the computer, I was overjoyed that I could have my own personal place to do some of my work. Unfortunately I had to learn that there was a big astris above my Dad's head when he gave it to me. Probably saying, *By accepting this computer we are not responsible for any of the computer's actions and that we are not liable for anything that occurs* This statement can also be referred *Sucks to be you*

In the end I guess I learned some of the meanings of patience from this computer and am glad that the computer gods have now awarded me with a better system. Usually now I can refer to myself and think if I can't reboot a computer, try and try again and again and again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home